Every year... on these two odd days before Thanksgiving Break...I do a winter mural with my students. I don't want two days worth of students to be a week ahead of everyone else...so this is a fun solution to that issue. Each grade level creates the "parts" that go into the finished mural.
- Kindergarten created the collage pine trees..and used construction paper crayons to add "snow".
- 1st grade created the collage cardinals and used red & black Sharpies to add the details.
- 2nd grade did fabric weaving last week...so I had them create paper weaving & add snow flakes using construction paper crayons.
- 3rd grade attempted shading winter branches with tempera paint (SOME did really well!)
- 4th grade created winter trees in collage..and then shaded using tempera paint (once again..SOME did really well)
CAN YOU PICTURE WHAT THE MURAL IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE?!?!?