So I posted through out the process of painting the first week of art on the ArtTeacher Facebook page, tweeted about it, and posted a couple things on here along the way. I was hoping it wasn't "overkill", but you all asked for more. I'm not sure I'll hit all the points that you want...so please feel free to comment or connect with me through FB, Twitter, or E-mail. I will tell you I don't have a "lesson plan" for this. We are not required to write out lengthy lesson plans...so mine take place in blocks with just main ideas/important information.
So this is what the finished product looked like. I LOVE IT! The kids, parents, faculty/staff loved it as well. I believe I'll keep it up in some form all year(but not in this incarnation or in this location). The individual sections are below...you can click on them to see them a bit closer up if you wish.
The hanging system is not all that sophisticated. I measured the overhang where I was "installing" them so I didn't cover up any of the circles. I then bent coat hangers out, duct taped them to the back, and glued a sheet of paper over top of the duct tape. Like I said...not rocket science. They've been up for 5 days now and nothing has fallen down/apart!! So far so good! I taped the sections together so they would not curl/turn/flap.
You can read a few posts back on how I painted with Kindergarten. The details are pretty good there...and I don't feel a need to repeat them. However, if you have questions..please ask!
The first two days I used the water color for Kindergarten. I guess watercolor is my safe place(my concentration in college). However...after an art teacher posted she used liquid tempera on the first day of art with her class.....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!! ha ha ha
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL OR COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!
THIS TURNED OUT BETTER THAN I COULD EVER IMAGINE!!