This 1st panel is complete for the most part. We are leaving the gray capless. It is an exterior house paint(about three coats to protect the board)...and I like the look of it with the bright colorful caps.
The 2nd board is well underway, but I've got an issue. There are not a lot of purple caps out there!!! I had a large bag full of purple from all the caps my students had been bringing in since the start of the school year & my dumpster diving at the recycling drop off near my school. However, what I wasn't realizing was I was only getting a few purples here and there. So now I am left with a large purple section that is uncovered. I went dumpster diving last night...and only found 4. So now I am thinking I'll use fun foam & cut circles from that to finish off the purple section. Cheating...maybe...but I really want to have this complete by the time the mayor comes next week!!