May 01, 2015

The Spore Project: Complete

Last year I stumbled upon the Spore Project.  I thought the idea was super fun & knew I wanted to take part. was the end of the school year & I just didn't have time to fit it in.  After completing the Kandinsky Fence project...I knew exactly how I wanted to do the Spore Project.  I envisioned the mushrooms looking like they were coming to their "mother ship".  This dictated what colors I'd use and how I'd place the mushrooms.  The kids really loved making the mushrooms....and the parent's were yelling "love" out their windows as I was installing them this morning. (and one posted on Facebook before I got back into the school!! ha ha)  After I "planted" them all...I sprayed them with adhesive and sprinkled glitter on them.   You can't really see it in the pictures..but the morning sun makes them shine!!!  I then sprayed a clear coat of acrylic on them.  Not sure how long they will last, but I'm hoping a week or so.  We're suppose to have good sunny weather the next 7 days!! Maybe I'll post pics as they begin to "weather".   

Want to learn more about the Spore Project... 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I'm Overwhelmed!! This is so amazing!! Great job to you and your students, I'm really, really impressed!!!! Thank you so much for doing this!

    Doug Rhodehamel
    SPORE Project